Thursday 6 March 2014

Stuff and Nonsense

This is one of those non-post posts where I feel lazy for not writing anything in a week or two, so I've opened up the new post page of blogger and am frantically tapping away at the keyboard in the vain hope that something remotely legible might appear. 

Since I finished Amaryllis Night and Day it took me a few days to start anything else. I eventually decided on Absolute Sandman Volume 4, something I've had sitting proudly on the to-read selection for a few months now. As it essentially finishes off The Sandman series (there is a volume 5 but it's just a money grabbing collection of miscellanea that I'm not going to buy), I left it there waiting in that curiously strange thing that readers do where they leave the last book in a series, or the last novel they haven't read by their favourite author for a far longer time than a normal person would. I call it Desmond Hulme syndrome.

Anyway, I need to force myself into writing various things by mentioning that I'm going to write them here, so here goes. Obviously the Discworld series will continue, though I took a break from it because the next one is Feet of Clay and I don't know how to approach it. Also I've got the Comics Snobbery series which I seemed to heroically give up on after two installments with another three to go.

Also I'm thinking about doing an Everything Else style semi-regular post, an idea I've ripped off specifically from the Every Day is Like Wednesday blog, probably my favourite blog on the net. It would just be mini reviews of the latest TV shows, films and other media stuff I've been indulging in recently. I'll probably never get around to it. Anyway, I think that's enough words to justify posting this.

No comments:

Post a Comment