Monday 19 May 2014

One of those posts...

... where I make excuses for not posting in a while. Though, thinking about it, this nine day gap is much smaller delay than I used to cause on this blog, so I'm getting better. Truthfully the problem is I've barely sat down to read recently, thanks to a combination of work and a crippling addiction to Pokemon Emerald on the Game Boy Advance.

Since I finished The Book of Illusions I was so impressed by it that I haven't wanted to try and grapple with another heavyweight bout of surrealist literature again. I did pick up my copy of The Complete Short Fiction of Oscar Wilde, and I've read a bit of that but not much. I am planning to read the final available Haruki Murakami book I'm yet to read; Dance Dance Dance, but I read one chapter and never got back to it.

This hasn't helped my To Read pile problem. Just the other day I randomly looked in HMV and came across three first-hand cheap books by Bret Easton Ellis, Kurt Vonnegut, and Jean Cocteau. The day before that I randomly found Science of the Discworld IV in Tesco. Must start reading....

No comments:

Post a Comment